There are a lot of people who are unhappy with the way their nose makes their face look. Everyone has a nose that uniquely shaped, but in some cases, this can negatively affect the appearance of the entire face. There are also some people who are experiencing breathing issues as a result of the shape of their nose.
In these cases, rhinoplasty is an option that is usually sought after. Not only can it correct the look of your nose, it can enhance your entire facial appearance by bringing your nose into better balance with the rest of your face. It also helps people breathe more easily.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Before making a decision regarding rhinoplasty, it is necessary to be well informed about the procedure so that you’re prepared for the process.
Rhinoplasty visibly enhances the shape of your nose and corrects any obstructions in breathing that may be caused by structural defects. Most people opt for this procedure because they are unhappy with the way their nose looks.
Your Rhinoplasty Consultation
The first step in the rhinoplasty process is consulting with a skilled medical professional. When you meet with Dr. Somenek, you will find out whether you are an ideal candidate for this procedure. You will also be able to express your desires and goals for your rhinoplasty.
Dr. Somenek will be able to provide an example of how your face can look after the surgery by using digital imaging software. With an image of your potential results, you can discuss the exact design and restructuring you want.
The doctor will also examine the structures of your nose and your other facial features. Your medical history and your overall health will be discussed, along with recovery time, preparation, and potential complications.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
For best results, it is necessary to find out whether you are an ideal candidate for rhinoplasty:
• The candidate must be older than 15 years of age to ensure that the nose has completed a necessary degree of growth.
• The candidate must be physically and mentally healthy.
• The candidate must be a non-smoker or be willing to quit smoking weeks before and after the procedure.
What Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Treat?
The main purpose of rhinoplasty is to create a balance in your facial features. It is commonly preferred to perform any of the following corrections:
• It can resize the nose to create a harmonious-looking face.
• It can widen or narrow the nasal base and the bridge of the nose.
• It can sharpen and define the nasal tip if it is bulbous or lift the nasal tip if it is drooping.
• It can adjust nostrils that are wide or upturned.
• It can create a more symmetrical nose.
• It can fix any issues relating to breathing problems.
Take the First Step to a Better Nose
Dr. Michael Somenek, an experienced double-board-certified facial plastic surgeon, will be happy to tell you more about rhinoplasty during a consultation. To schedule your informative consultation, contact our office today.