Skin Resurfacing Washington DC
SomenekMD offers Pearl Fractional, the new Volumizing Laser that uses proprietary technology to offer both immediate and long-term anti-aging benefits. If you have signs of aging and are looking for an immediate improvement in your complexion, the Pearl Fractional may be the resurfacing procedure that you need. It can provide patients with long term, continued structural changes in their skin including increased volume and firmness. This laser is able to treat the signs of photoaging by stimulating new collagen growth, providing a dramatic improvement in a single treatment. Unlike other fractional technologies that carry excessive downtime and redness, Pearl Fractional provides an ideal combination of volumizing results and rapid recovery.
What is the Pearl Fractional Laser?
Pearl Fractional is a new fractional ablative laser selected to maximize results and safety while minimizing downtime—all in a single treatment— through an optimized combination of ablation and coagulation. The term “fractional” describes a treatment that exposes only a fraction of the skin to the laser beam in a pattern of tiny dots. The benefit of this is that only a fraction of the skin is damaged, allowing the untreated areas to stimulate new skin that is full of fresh collagen. This plumps the skin from below and creates more volume.
Pearl Fractional effectively treats the signs of photoaging, deep dermal imperfections and difficult-to-treat perioral and periorbital areas. Pearl Fractional presents fractional ablation in a new light. Dr. Somenek prefers the Pearl Fractional for individuals that are looking to reduce fine lines and wrinkles throughout their face as well as markedly reduce areas of sun damage and pigment. This treatment can effectively do this in just one treatment with less downtime compared to the other ablative laser technologies.
Preparing for the procedure
Pearl Fractional can be used on the entire face, including the stubborn wrinkles and lines that form around the mouth and eyes. These areas show the first signs of aging and can be the most challenging to treat. The ideal candidate for this treatment is someone with light to medium skin tone that has skin imperfections and loss of volume due to aging and sun damage.
The treatment can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on the area being treated. Dr. Somenek will apply numbing cream to the skin to alleviate some of the discomfort as well as other medications based on the patient’s needs.
How is Pearl Fractional different from other skin rejuvenating lasers today?
- Pearl Fractional uses a new laser wavelength to offer both immediate and long-term anti-aging benefits.
- Unlike other fractional technologies, Pearl Fractional provides an ideal combination of volumizing results and rapid recovery.
When are results noticeable?
- Many patients see improvement one week after treatment. Patients should plan to take a long weekend relaxing at home.
- Patients may apply make-up five days after treatment.
- Patients continue to notice improvement for three to six months as new collagen continues to grow.
Are there any restrictions on activity after a Pearl Fractional treatment?
- After treatment, the skin looks sunburned and may be slightly swollen.
- Patients report little or no discomfort post treatment.
- During post care, patients apply ointment to the skin for four to five days and should limit sun exposure and wear protective clothing.
How many treatments are recommended?
- Most patients notice significant improvement after just one treatment.
Can Pearl Fractional be part of a combination therapy treatment?
- Many patients have a Pearl Fractional treatment in combination with other existing cosmetic therapies. These include other Cutera laser and light procedures, such as Pearl. Patients should discuss combination treatment options with their practitioner.
Pearl Fractional Before and After Photos